Here’s What’s Going On With Me
* Along with several other writers, I answered this Q&A question on Howlarium: How does your partner handle those periods when you need to be in your head, be alone to talk to yourself, to lament the latest publisher’s rejection, or otherwise tend to your creative life—how does your partner make room? Interesting talk about it can be difficult for other people to understand the weird needs of writers. Click to read more.
* I went to a writer’s residency in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was a great experience. I’ll write a post about it soon.
* I took a trip to Humboldt County to research something I’m writing. It was a great experience. I’ll write a post about it soon.
* My novel was a finalist in the William Faulkner – William Wisdom Creative Writing Competition.
* Kyle was on a podcast talking about computer security.
* He’s also Chairperson of the Advisory Board for Purism, which I think sounds so fancy.
* We’re remodeling our kitchen. You guys. It’s stressful. Right now our kitchen looks like this:
* We’re about to go on a 12-day RV trip. We’re renting an RV from Cruise America and driving through Yellowstone, Glacier National Park, Vancouver, Seattle, and Portland.
* When we get back, Kyle is going to Amsterdam to speak at the O’Reilly Security Conference. I don’t get to go, but that’s okay. I’ve traveled plenty this year.
What’s going on with you?